Thrust Roller Bearings are preferred for axial load applications, as they provide higher rigidity in comparison to other types.
Thrust Roller Bearings are of three types:
- Cylindrical Roller Thrust Bearings
- Tapered Roller Thrust Bearings
- Spherical Roller Thrust Bearings
Spherical Roller Thrust Bearing is a self-aligning bearing. In service, it allows a maximum shaft misalignment of about 2 degrees. The contact angle helps this type of bearing to handle a small amount of radial load.
Lubrication of these bearings needs to be done carefully, since their large sliding contact area results in smearing. Care should be taken to maintain at least rated minimum load on this bearing, to avoid smearing.
KG can offer the following variants:
- Single Direction Spherical Roller Thrust Bearings – 292, 293 and 294 series
- Pressed steel and machined brass cage
- Standard precision P0 and higher precision P6.