Ball Bearing units are simple and economic bearing arrangements. They offer convenient means to use rolling contact bearings for various applications, without the need of separate housing to support the bearing. Ball Bearing Units consist of insert ball bearings and housing.
Ball Bearing units are:
- capable of handling shaft misalignment (initial errors of alignment) up to a certain degree
- easy to mount and dismount
- suitable for low and medium load applications.
- suitable for low and medium speed applications
- suited for low noise applications
- generally sealable from both sides; have good protection from ambient working conditions
- commonly used in agricultural machinery, conveyor systems, food processing industry, packaging machinery, construction equipment and textile industry
KG can offer the following variants:
- Pillow Blocks – UCP, UCPA type
- Square Flange – UCF type
- Flange Cartridge – UCFC type
- Oval Flange – UCFL type
- Take-up Units – UCT type
- Inert Bearings – UC, UK, AEL, NA, SA SB type
- Ball Bearing units with plastic and stainless steel housings
- Ball Bearings units with stainless steel bearings
Many other special types of ball bearing units can also be developed to meet specific application requirements. Technical information for such bearings is available on request.